Tuesday 27 January 2015

Valentine's Paper Heart Garland

Valentine's Paper Heart Garland


I have seen paper garlands for sale of the internet and I decided to have a go at making one myself. It all revolves around one tool and that is a shaped paper punch. As Valentine's is coming up soon I purchased an extra large heart shaped hole punch from a craft store on ebay. The actual heart shape is 2 inches big and it cost me around £10 including postage. As most garlands I browsed across were around £10 for 2 metres I thought that purchasing my own would mean I can make any length I would want.



I bought some metallic gold card from Sainsbury's (just because I was there and they had it) and simply cut out a bundle of hearts. I got 24 hearts out of one A4 sheet which was enough for this garland alone.

To string it together I used my sewing machine to stitch along the centre of each heart. You do not have to have them next to each other as your machine should just continually sew and catch the bottom thread making a continuous line. You will just have to make sure you pull it through like you would fabric. It took me a few attempts before I got the hang of it.



This is a really easy and super cute decoration for you home. Perfect for parties as you can make it any colour.









Post by Emily
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig