Thursday 8 January 2015

#SnapHappyBritMums Photo Challenge Day 8

#SnapHappyBritMums Photo Challenge Day 8

Today's photo challenge is to share what we are reading. I am about to start the traditional tale of The Nutcracker by E.T.A. Hoffmann. I was lucky enough to receive this beautiful book in my stocking on Christmas morning and have been waiting to start it. We go on a family break soon so thought that would give me perfect opportunity to have a bit of time and start a new book. I have always loved the ballet of The Nutcracker and the music is quite magical. It is definitely a romantic story and it was this tale by Hoffmann that inspired Tchaikovsky.
Hoffmann was one of the foremost romantic writers in Germany. He is famous for numerous titles but his passion into the fantasy genre of writing is what made him famous.
I am really looking forward to reading about the love of Marie to her dear Nutcracker, hopefully a heartwarming tale that will make me feel Christmassy all over again!


Post by Emily

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig