Sunday 11 January 2015

My Own Personalised Shoes

My Own Personalised Shoes


I love anything that you can personalise. I love the thought of being able to make things individual. 
You can find beautiful companies who monogram bags, clothes and shoes but these can be pricey so I decided to give it a go myself.
It seems that plimsoles are very on trend at the moment and they are quite easy to get your hands on so I decided that I would get Rob and I a pair for customising. Ours were both from ASOS. 



I got some fabric letters from ebay which are the kind you can iron on clothes.



Then it was a simple case of hand stitching the letter onto the top of the shoe. This sounded like a great plan until I realised just how solid the fabric of the shoe was. I was able to manage it but I needed a thimble to help push the needle through and my fingers hurt a bit! 
I am sure fabric glue would work as a good alternative. 


The end results are fab though and the trainers look really cool with an all black outfit. 
Due to the difficulty of my shoes, I have not done Rob's yet, but don't worry, will get on with them soon! 


Post by Emily
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig