Thursday 22 January 2015

Homemade Ferrero Rocher

Homemade Ferrero Rocher


Rob's Auntie was telling me about a recipe to create your own homemade Ferrero Rocher. It was a basic recipe of crushing up Ryvita and mixing it with Nutella.
It sounded so easy I thought I would give it a go.
As I didn't know amounts I looked on the internet and found that they are a popular thing to make when you are following strict diet programs so there are a few people out there with this idea.


I decided to use 7 Ryvita and 4 tbsp of Nutella. 
First you crush up your Ryvita crackers to quite a fine consistency. I did not and left chunky bits in but I think it will work better finer. Then put your scoops of Nutella in a pot and microwave for about 20 seconds. It needs to be softened but not runny. Then mix in the Ryvita and make sure it all gets covered. If it looks too chocolatey add another Ryvita.
I then put it in the fridge so it stiffened up again.


I only left it about half an hour then I used a melon ball scoop and made little domes of the mixture on baking paper. Put them back in the fridge to harden up more.



No one else seems to do this next bit, but I thought it needed more chocolate! So I melted down a bar of Lindt chocolate until it was runny, then I put a large dollop on each one and let it run down the sides and cover the truffle. Ferrero Rocher have a chocolate case so I wanted to recreate that. I then popped them back in the fridge and left them until Rob came home.




These are seriously good! They have that amazing hazelnut taste that the Nutella gives and the texture with the Ryvita makes it a really close competitor to Ferrero! 

Totally delicious and really easy to make! Yum yum!

Post by Emily
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig