Sunday 25 January 2015

#SnapHappyBritMums Photo Challenge Day 25

#SnapHappyBritMums Photo Challenge Day 25

Today's photo challenge word was 'Happy' and I thought I would share a picture of some new French children's books I got this week. It is all part of my new year's resolution to learn and be more French. I thought these books looked gorgeous and as they are basic stories I am able to practise my French accent! It was strange that just flicking through them, how quickly my mind started to try and understand it and begin to translate it in my head. I have no French language knowledge as a background. I am dyslexic and since year 9 at school I have had no French lessons as they were replaced by extra English ones. I have very little knowledge of the French language but with holidays to France and Rob's school French knowledge, I am surprised at how well my mind uses the basics to translate the stories. I got a couple of other children's books so I will keep you posted on how well I do!
It makes me happy that I'm pushing myself to get better at something and that pretty books like these can be part of it.


Post by Emily

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig