Friday 7 November 2014

The FRIDAY Cake

The FRIDAY Cake


While at the gym this morning I had a vision of a cake I wanted to make. I know, what a place to be thinking about a mega indulgent cake. It was definitely inspired, not by the gym of course!
This is very much a treat cake, not an everyday one, and as it is Friday and a celebration of the end of the week, I have named it 'The FRIDAY Cake'.

To start you need to make 4 simple chocolate cakes. You obviously don't need 4, I just wanted this so you could see how good it looked! 2 would also be fine.

My simple mixture is
170g soft butter
170g caster sugar
115g self raising flour
3 eggs
55g of cocoa powder

Cream the butter and sugar first, then add the rest. You can sieve the flour and cocoa powder but I didn't as on t.v the great Mary Berry said she often didn't bother sieving things!
Make sure your cake tins are greased and split the mixture evenly into them. I used 8 inch cake tins as I wanted a tall thin look.
I had my oven at 190 degrees C and the cakes took 22 mins to bake. Depending on your oven it will be between 20 and 25 mins. 
Then leave them to cool.

Assembling the cake is the best part. It is when you have the chance to get really artistic. 
I used Betty Crocker's chocolate fudge icing in between each layer of cake. A nice healthy spread is enough, you don't want it sliding apart.
For the top I melted white chocolate and poured over the whole cake. Now you will find this might go thin, so first I melted one bar and just put that on top. I let it cool, then melted 3 more bars for pouring over the top & down the sides. 
Then I half dipped some Raspberries and placed on the top.





Let it cool down and solidify for a few hours then get a fork and enjoy!!

Post by Emily
SHARE:

1 comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig