Saturday 15 November 2014

Re-doing Furniture To Suit Our Needs

Re-doing Furniture To Suit Our Needs


If you have been following this blog you will remember that I bought an old bakers box and turned it into a stool. Click HERE to view post. 
As Raphael is growing up and becoming more fascinated with Lego rather than Duplo, it has become more apparent that we need somewhere to store it which is out of Etta's reach but easy to access for Raph.
The bakers box came with a lid that I hadn't used initially in the making of the stool. But to enable us to use the box as a box I have created a fixed cushion to the lid so it can still be used as seating but also now stores all of our Lego.


I am really pleased with the result, I think it is one of my most professional finishes yet. As you can see from the pictures I used the old cushion that fitted inside the box as the top cushion but it was slightly too small so I used wadding to pad it out. I then stapled a covering layer be for topping it with a nice fabric and brass tacks. 















I know it can still be improved but it is nice to still be able to have extra seating and a bit more toy storage.

Post By Emily
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig