Sunday 8 November 2015

Shhhh...not Christmas chat yet!


I know, November, but it is getting close! Christmas is in all the shops and is moving to the forefront of everyone's mind. I only want to start talking about it so I can share some ideas with you so you can prepare in advance like me!
I just wanted to show you our beautiful new Christmas tree star. 
I have always really struggled to find a star for the top of our tree; I never wanted anything glitzy and I really don't like the spiral that is on the bottom of ornaments to put them on the top. So for the last 6 years we have used a metal star decoration that I would tie to the top of the tree but each year I knew it wasn't the right thing I wanted. This year I found the perfect family star which I hope will last for the rest of our Christmases together. Follie, a shop in Lincoln's beautiful Bailgate, has lovely little homewares but she also hand makes personalised lavender hearts and stars. I decided to have a linen star made with our family name on that we would tie to the top of the tree each year. It is absolutely stunning! A perfect tree topper and one that not only looks gorgeous and smells gorgeous but it will add such a special touch to our Christmas trees for years to come.




Follie is a very popular shop so if you would like to follow in our footsteps and make your own family star then call her and chat sooner rather than later!

OOoooh I feel Chrismassy after writing this!

Emily
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig