Friday 10 October 2014

Painted Pumpkins

Painted Pumpkins


After my post yesterday about some of the beautiful inspirational pumpkin designs from Pintrest I had decided that I would have a go myself today.

There was no magic method, I simply dug out a tin of paint from the shed. My choice was a Fired Earth shade of blue. Then I just slapped it all over a fresh pumpkin. I had to give it two coats as you could see the paint brush marks.

Once that was dry, I messily painted the top part of the pumpkins in a special glue that will allow the gold leaf to stick to it. Then smoothed on the leaf to the effect I wanted!


Once they were placed on the mantle with some dried Hydrangea and some candles, they almost look porcelain. 






I am loving all the Autumn decor ideas I am seeing. It is just such a wonderful time of year! 

Post by Emily
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig