Wednesday 4 March 2015

Blueberry Bundt Cake

Blueberry Bundt Cake

I love the scene in 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding' when relatives exchange a ''Bundt'' cake and spend ages trying to understand how to pronounce it and what the hole in the middle is for. They decide that a plant would look good!

However, I personally like the hole in the middle (don't know why it's there though) and have not chosen to fill it with a plant!


The recipe that I used to create my bundt cake was strung together from a few sources. Lots use sour cream in them but as I didn't have any and I wasn't going to buy any just for this; I went without.
I did a simple sponge mix and then added a good handful of blueberries into the mix.
I actually doubled the mix for my tin and did 250g self raising flour, 250g soft butter, 250g sugar, 4 eggs, splash of milk and a teaspoon of bicarbonate soda.


As I always do, it all went into one bowl and had a good mix. I put the blueberries in after this and just folded them into the mixture.
Make sure you really grease your tin. If you are using an oil spray, do it just before you put the mixture in otherwise it will pool at the bottom. I used butter and pasted it on, covering it well.


I cooked it for about 30 mins at 180 degrees C. I tested at about 20 mins but it was still gooey inside so just keep checking.
Once ready; get it out of the tin and onto a cooling rack. It should just slip straight out!


Once it is cool I made my icing using icing sugar and lemon juice. Then drizzle it on the top and it should just pour down.
 Pop some more fresh blueberries on the top and then dig in. I am sure it would be lovely with fresh cream but to be honest it tastes great as it it!


Post by Emily
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig