Sunday 1 March 2015

Baby Blue Sponge Cakes

Baby Blue Sponge Cakes


We were lucky enough to have a new edition to our family last weekend. My brother and Sister in law had their second child; a little boy called Jonah.
With all things blue on my mind I baked some cakes to have as a little celebration.
These look cute and are so easy to achieve.



I simply used a normal sponge recipe;
200g self raising flour
200g soft butter
200g sugar
4 eggs
2 tbsp of milk
1 tsp baking powder
Get your oven onto 180 degrees C

I am not a skilled baker. I bang it all in one bowl and give it a good whisk until it is light and fluffy.
Then pop it into a baking tray. I actually used two round ones but a rectangle will work fine as you will be cutting out shapes.
It takes around 20 minutes to bake. Get the cakes out of the tin and onto a cooling rack.


Once they are completely cool I used a round cookie cutter and cut individual circles out.
Then, leaving them on the cooling rack I just poured my baby blue icing on top.
To finish off each cake I placed an edible rose petal on each.



They are so easy and look really cute.
Cheers Jonah!
Enjoy!



Post By Emily
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig