Sunday 23 August 2015

A lifetime with Roberts Radios


Have you ever been asked:
"If you have to save one thing in a fire what would it be?"
Obviously most of us would immediately say our family but excluding loved ones what would it be?
Since I have owned my Roberts Radio it has always been that. For many, many years it was my most precious item and as it was a gift from my Grandparents on my 16th birthday it has very special meaning. I remember going to Peter Rhodes in Market Rasen to pick it out. I went for the hot pink Revival radio, as at the time the Revival range was coming into fashion and I had seen it in all my mum's homey magazines.
I remember not long after I got mine, my mum got a sage green one and as my grandparents still had their original Roberts Radio, we quickly found ourselves being fans of the brand.

Now 12 years on, my Revival FM radio sits in my bedroom still in perfect working condition apart from a few scuffs over years of use and movement. Its bright pink colour has retained it's glow and the FM signal is picked up perfectly. This really is a brand that lasts and lasts. It is amazing to think how these days technology is only built to last a few years. I mean some brands change their design every six months making people go wild for the newest models. But then you have Roberts Radio who just produce amazing pieces that last for year and years.


Part of the connection with my love for them was what made Rob and I also buy them for my siblings as they have got married. We thought one would make a beautiful gift for my brother Ed and his wife Bunty and then this year when my sister Kizzy married Anthony we decided to make it our tradition for all my siblings. My brother Freddie has just proposed to his girlfriend Sarah so guys: surprise, surprise, you will be really pleased with the steak knives we have got you!! Jokes!! It really has become a brand that is part of our family. 

I personally love the Revival range. It is the colours that draw you in and the sleek, simple shape and gold detailing makes it a perfect accessory for any home. Our home with its inner city rustic charm suits having a Roberts sat on our welsh dresser. I love seeing it as I walk by to make a cup of tea and it is one of those homey pieces that just makes me smile as I catch the shiny gold writing glimmering in the sunlight.

I have just treated myself to a new Pastel Pink Revival which is just beautiful. It suits our style of home and matches the shades of my other accessories around the house perfectly.




Whether you go for the lighter shades from cream to green or head more down the burgundy or black route, you will be so pleased with any of the Revival range.
Now you can even get Revival radios with different patterns on making them a truly versatile piece of equipment to have at home.

I thought I would also share with you the Duck Egg Revival with you and the newer Revival Mini in Pastel Cream.




The mini Revival is one of there newer models and is perfect for smaller spaces and for taking with you as you move around your home and garden. It really is a lovely addition to the Revival family.




My love for these radios will continue for many years. As I watch my children dance in my bedroom as I get ready on a morning or when Rob and I slow dance in the kitchen once the kids are in bed, Roberts Radio will always be a part of our lives and of our families as we travel through life's journey. 

Thank you to my sister for the loan of her radios for this shoot. Thanks also to Roberts Radios for allowing me to collaborate with them.

Post by Emily
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig