Wednesday 21 December 2016

Fires and The Snowman


Watching 'The Snowman' and 'The Snowman and The Snowdog' has become staple Christmas viewing in our house for the past few years. I actually couldn't wait until December this year (not allowed to watch it before then) as a few months ago I just really had the urge to watch them. I adore the music in 'The Snowman and The Snowdog'; I find it so uplifting and magical, it really gives me goosebumps, but I decided to wait until now to watch it. And I am so glad I did. Both films are perfect Christmas viewing and with our IGNITE Stove burning away we all stopped and watched.
Last Christmas Eve we gave Raph and Etta a snowman and a Snowdog soft toy and as the films started Rob ran up to retrieve the dolls from the bottom of the toy box. I am sure these will be flavour of the month and be out for a while now.
With the fire roaring away it really set me off feeling all Christmassy. I know a lot of people really love the original Raymond Briggs 'The Snowman' but I must say I prefer the latter 'Snowdog' addition and much to my excitement, this year BBC are producing the story of Ethel and Ernest which is one of my favourite books ever, no joke. My mum got my dad this picture book years and years ago and it is fantastic. I adored reading it as a young teen and still, when I am at my parents house, seek it out and have a look. It is a truly lovely story of Raymond's parents and it is honestly a brilliant book to have if you love his Christmas collection of stories. The illustrations are perfect and it displays the story of their life so well. Anyway, it is on 28th December at 7.30pm on BBC1, so make plans to sit in with your loved ones and watch it!
For now though, this is the first of many watching of 'The Snowman and The Snowdog' that we will be having!
SHARE:

1 comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig