Tuesday 26 May 2015

Crabtree & Evelyn Shaving Soap


We were really kindly sent some great shaving products and it was really nice, for a change, to be sent something which I could really enjoy on my own! 

Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime Shave Cream

Not in a bragging way; I have excellent skin. Emily is very jealous & I am also not very hairy, which means infrequent shaving. However, when I do need to shave (usually once or twice a week) it can make my skin quite sore & dry. It might be because my face isn't so hardened to shaving due to the irregularity or it might be that I don't change the blades regularly enough. Either way, I found that this shave cream from Crabtree & Evelyn made my skin feel like I hadn't shaved, apart from the really nice aroma left behind after washing it off. If you have problems with dry skin or soreness after shaving then I would definitely give this a try! (Plus the tube squeezer key for scraping every last drop out of your tubes is great for all the Dads).



 

Crabtree & Evelyn Shave Soap

Now, when I first looked at this shave soap, I wasn't sure if it would be any good & just seemed a bit dated for the modern man. Why would I need to use a brush with soap when I have foam in a can? Anyway, I reluctantly gave it a go thinking it would cut my face to pieces like an old ''Bic'' razor with no lubrication. 

I asked Emily about it & she said her dad used to use shave soap so I was given the direction to really fluff up the soap with a brush. So, I put a new blade in my razor, got my brush, a little water & started brushing the soap. I must admit that it made a real event of shaving. It felt great using this soap & made me feel a little nostalgic about how my grandparents probably used to shave. 

Both products are great for different reasons, but ultimately both give a really nice protection from shaving, so if you get sore from shaving; try one of these.  




Post by Rob


SHARE:

2 comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig