Thursday 22 June 2017

Becoming Comfortable; The Skin Edit.


I think for me, being comfortable in my own skin is a work in progress. Like most of us, I have found that as I reach the age of 30 I am noting clear changes to my skin, especially my face which are neither good nor bad, just different. For the last 3 years I have been using the same products on my skin and I think I have made a bit of a breakthrough more recently. 
First off, my skin type is pretty ordinary. not particularly uber greasy, not hugely dry, but I am sure that intake of more water would solve a lot of my drier days. I have quite a few blackheads but not many spots and they usually come within the monthly cycle that so many of us would get. I am very lucky really, even as a teen, compared to a lot of friends I had minimal blemishes, but enough to still make me always want to wear makeup. And that's where it begins really, the covering starts young then actually it becomes quite impossible to not wear makeup and it has become very much part of me. Now I am no beauty blogger and I pretty much stick to the same make up style, never really drifting from the more simple look, I can't even do winged eyeliner and in this day and age that is a shocker!
Something I have noticed though is with using the same products for a prolonged period, something I never used to do, my skin is balanced and clearer than ever and hitting 30 I am actually realising that I need to bare my face a little bit more than I do.


I have been using the La Roche-Posay Effaclar range for some time now and although to a lot of people it seems expensive for face soap, I can honestly say I don't find it so. If you read a lot of the guidance on how to use their products you will often find that they actually push the less is more philosophy and recommend that you don't need to use a lot to get the best out of a product. The Effaclar Purifying Cleansing Gel is by far my favourite product which gets daily use and keeps my skin clean. This would easily last me about 6 months if I use a small amount each day and use it well. I also have the Purifying Micellar Water which works perfectly alongside the gel.



 Now, my newest product from them has fast become my best friend in my skin and make up life; their Effaclar Duo+ was always one of my three and it was a perfect base for make up as well as a daily moisturiser. But now they have brought out Effaclar Duo+ Unifiant which is a moisturiser with a tint. I have the light and am finding that not only is it an amazing base for make up but I have started to use that alone with just bronzer, highlighter and mascara for a really simple day look. Not only do I feel it does my skin good but it is such a nice coverage that it makes me look glowing and healthy. Heading into the summer it is perfect also as it is so light in texture and the light tint is actually perfect for that glowing look. 



It doesn't cover up my freckles which I really love and as you can see from the pictures, I think for me, who becomes really self conscious with no make up on, this is a great way to feel comfortable, confident and happy in my own skin!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig