Sunday 31 December 2017

A belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


I think this post needs to first start with an apology: I had such good intentions of writing in the run up to Christmas and with us going away it all kind of went out the window. It was a crazy time anyway and throwing in a family holiday to France may seam crazy to some, but choosing to take our Mark Warner Holiday on Christmas week was one of the best decisions I have ever made! More will follow about that in the next few weeks, but this post I wanted to write all day but it has got to 5.30pm on new year's eve and I am only just sitting down to write it!! In fact as I write it Rob is calling us for an early dinner before we head out to a party, but this I just need to get out!
This year has been quite an incredible year for me. Exactly a year ago my Godfather killed himself. It was absolutely tragic and this entire year it is something that has really stayed with me. It has been a hard thing to get over and with my own struggles and self doubts it has haunted me all year. A lot of the time not in a bad way. It has meant that I have been able to pray a lot for him and his family and also as a stark reminder of the difficulties others face and how I can manage my own hardships. Life has its difficulties. I am very much on my own mental health journey and 2017 has seen me struggle but learn so much. I don't think I have ever been sadder than I have this year but also, this year has brought some of my most happy memories. This year has brought some absolutely amazing experiences, ones that have truly changed me and helped me on my journey. 
Copenhagen with Rob in the summer was the most incredible time. We have been together 10 years now and I feel so truly blessed to have him in my life. He is the most unbelievable person I know and his love for me is ever present and always clear that a life without him would be a boring life indeed. From Cornwall to Italy, the summer months brought a bounty of experiences but latterly our Trip to France, to Tigne with Mark Warner as one of their ambassadors has been the most unbelievable trip we were able to share with the children. I can feel myself welling up at the thought of all the things we did with them and just briefly remembering the beauty of Tigne. Honestly, I don't want to say much as that is all to come, but now it has ended, 2017 has been just perfect.
Tonight we are celebrating my youngest sister turning 18. Ella's birthday was actually on Christmas Eve but they decided to save the big celebration with family and friends until tonight. I would usually easily just be happy at home for New Year. I never am really that bothered, but now I am really excited to spend an evening with so many friends bringing in the end of 2017 and the beginning of the new year. I hate to say that 2018 is going to be 'my year' but I feel so confident that there is going to be a change. I can just feel it, a greater power almost that this year will bring something.
As far as new year's resolutions, I haven't decided what I am doing yet. Something though, I always like to try but I know I am just going to slow down. I can't be bothered with the race anymore, especially with regards to blogging. That's not me stopping, I love doing this, absolutely love it but for so long I have worried about numbers and I had a little bit of an epiphany about it all. Blogging will bring me what it will bring me and I will forever be thankful for that, but the pressure that I have put on myself because of it is ridiculous. From now 2018 will be my year to share until my heart is content but I will be leaving the judgement of myself far behind. I suppose at this point I should say a few thank yous. This year has been exceptional with wonderful brands like Cath Kidston, Laura Ashley, Boden, Joules, Great Little Trading Company, Mark Warner, The Cambridge Satchel Company and so many, many more who keep wanting to collaborate with me and with whom I am really looking forward to continuing our relationships into the new year. The brands have been amazing. And then there are all the likes, the loves, the comments and all the people who continually support me across social media are just amazing! Thank you for your time and effort in following along on the different platforms. Then there's you, the readers of the blog, who keep coming back for more. I cannot thank you enough for always clicking back through to see what we are up to. It means so much. 
So cheers! Cheers to them, to you, to us and from the bottom of my heart I wish you a Happy New Year {oh and Happy Christmas too}.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig