Tuesday 1 November 2016

BDAGwears ft Parka London


As we head into autumn and then to winter, I always love looking at outerwear. Usually I am drawn to winter woolen coats. More because of their style and often the colours they come in suit my tastes, but in this country we don't always get the weather to suit woolen coats and need something a little bit more, well, weatherproof. No coat stands out more for me as a practical all rounder than the Parka. We must admit that this style, even though it may seem a little shapeless and oversized, it, in fact is the ultimate in fashionable outwear for the UK. Not only does a good Parka keep you warm, they are usually waterproof, or at least wipeable and 100% practical. In fact, bar a ski coat which you would expect to do its job, this is probably the only other style of coat on the market that is usually bought for one job; to keep you warm over the winter months. 
I was recently asked to try out a coat from Parka London's newest range. In hindsight I wish I had gone classic green, but I actually opted for a black/grey mix one because I loved the light grey fur inner it came with. Grey is one of my favourite colours and I was thinking about all my lovely grey jumpers this coat would go with! With that on my mind the LARA Essential Jacket in houndstooth was the coat I opted for.




It, as expected is unbelievably soft and seems totally weatherproof as far as practicality goes. It's overall look is great and with the weather turning cooler and me needing to actually be a bit more practical some days, this style of coat really fits the bill.




As far as styling a Parka coat goes, they are so good at teaming with almost every kind of practical style you can think of. But even here I am mixing it up with some futuristic boots and simple MOM jeans. You really can wear what you want with these and really enjoy it.



I am loving wearing my coat, being able to not only just grab and go knowing that it would probably go with what I am wearing, but having it in a darker shade (and seeing it in these pictures) it is the kind of coat that is not going to date and will seriously last for ages, still looking great and going well with most things.

Emily

*Post in collaboration with Parka London
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig