Wednesday 25 May 2016

Celebrating Julia Donaldson with Great Little Trading Co.


Like most parents I really enjoy making our children's library. Buying books every so often to add to our shelves brings me so much joy. That feeling of picking and flicking through books in the shop before you decide which lucky ones might grace your shelves and become a part of your children's collection is quite magical really.


It is hard to say which children's book is my favourite, but one I have been reading to children for years, even before I read it to my own children was The Gruffalo. My favourite type of book is a rhyming one and when Julia Donaldson released it, it was on our bookshelves when I lived at home over 10 years ago. It was a family favourite which was read to my younger siblings for a long time. I loved reading it to children at school as well; it was always so captivating and to be quite honest, I don't know anyone who doesn't like it! The following collection of books by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler were just as good, continuing on with that fantastic rhyming style and illustration. 


Recently Macmillan Publishers have released 8 of their books with fresh covers making them look like a wonderful, shiny, new collection to have on your shelves.  


If I am not careful, collecting all these books will make me need more storage to hold them all. Luckily GLTC is on hand for that. Their extensive range of furniture and storage will make my home organised and spacious instead of feeling like "a squash and a squeeze". And that is something that GLTC pride themselves on. Making a happy home, an organised home and a place where memories can be made.
I love this stacking toy box; carting it around with whatever the children want in it makes play or a reading session pretty easy. I love how easy and clean looking all the GLTC storage ideas are, making them have something to match most decor needs. For us, simple white that is nice and roomy is all I am looking for and this is perfect! 



Emily

*Post in collaboration with GLTC and Macmillian.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig