Monday 11 June 2018

Joule's Family Fashion

A new look at some items from the JOULES Spring Summer collection 2018.

When we went to Badminton Horse Trials with JOULES they kindly gifted our outfits as part of the work that was needed to be done. However, due to the fact that the Saturday turned out to be one of the hottest days on record, we actually had to lose a few items as we simply couldn't cope in the heat. Due to the nature of my work I really felt it would only be fair to re-share our items as I wanted to share what we got with you all and give a little review on Joules and their current collection.


I must say, what I really like about the current RIGHT AS RAIN COLLECTION is that across the board Joules are offering some great items in bold prints to suit many styles. For a while now JOULES have been cornering the market on raincoats and really, they pioneered the popularity of the classic YELLOW RAIN COAT. I remember buying my first rain coat from Joules (Facebook tells me it was 16th Feb 2013) when I got my yellow jacket which I loved and now 5 years later they have expanded the collection to really offer a huge selection to the consumer.
For me, I am really loving the mid-length coats, and the lighter versions are a perfect pack away companion for the coming summer.


A beautiful bold GoLIGHTLY mac is just what I need for brightening up a simple stripe. I love something a bit bold and try to keep more minimal, but in this scenario and as an easy jacket for the summer this is perfect.
As always what JOULES offers in the children's department is always great. Each season they pick a print and run with it. I love that they just have a few core images and then everything else runs off them. Jackets for the kids are an easy thing to choose. One of their main colours is always Navy and Raph's jacket is super lightweight for taking everywhere and even tying round his waist.
Etta's is one of the classic ones which are fleece lined. I love these as they offer a longer wear period, and actually it is a great school coat as it is light enough to carry but really easy to wear over everything!





The men's department is one I really think needs work but JOULES have expanded it so well. It's really hard for a brand to grow a masculine print when florals are often the centre of their female ones so it must be hard to find an equivalent. But I love checks and stripes on Rob so, for me, I always think there is something on offer for him. That said, Rob is so slim that I think their coats often look too big but this Tracker Waterproof is a great fit and Rob is really pleased with it.





With regards to the rest of our items; Joules Wellies are always excellent. I find them incredibly comfortable, they last well and make perfect hand-me-downs.
As for striped tops and denim, well, most of our collection is worn nearly everyday, for me anyway. I love Joules Jeans and re-wear mine all the time. For the kids, Etta's dress is a beautiful soft denim and the boys jeans are just as loved as mine!





It is hard to talk about Joules and give any kind of negative feedback. I am always really pleased with what we get. Wash after Wash you will find no shrinkage and I suppose the only thing that is an issue is the price. They are expensive, but they are a luxury brand, they are not a H&M, that isn't their goal I don't think. Joules stands apart from the rest and offer clothes that are stylish and practical for all the family. Their items last and really, it is clear that they have a real passion for creating pieces that are iconic.








Want to shop our outfits? Click the links below.

I am wearing
Jacket
Boots
Jeans
Top

Rob
Jacket
Boots
Shirt
Tee

Raph
Jacket
Boots
Shirt
Tee

Etta
Jacket
Boots
Top
Dress

* These Item were gifted as part of previous work.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig