Monday 27 February 2023

A Moment.

Sometimes it's the smallest actions that can have the biggest impact.

Today, writing this it is February 27th, and I am sat in the garden, on my bench with a hot mocha enjoying the sun and the slight rise in temperate. I haven't even got my big coat on. I live in the city so there is this hum of traffic from the main road but over that I can hear the birds. They are so clear, so melodic. You have a deep coo from the pigeons but the small bird song overpowers. Their whistle is so high pitched in comparison. So tuneful.

I can hear aeroplanes in the background, it will be the Red Arrows, they are only stationed 10 miles away and regularly practice around the city. 

There is not one noise from a human, no chatter or loud screams, The children from local schools must be indoors still. 

Ginny is padding around the garden, she has destroyed our grass, it's so muddy now and I am going to have to buy grass seed to cover the whole thing. I didn't know that happened when you got a dog!

The 27th of February, I am outside, what a luxury. My drink is nearly half gone, I think it is getting colder quicker as I am sat outside. But seriously, I know I walk all year round, weather doesn't bother me but at this exact moment I feel in peak relaxation mode. There is no bother. The hoovering that needs to be done is not making me feel guilty. I already sorted the kitchen and ate a slice of cake, life is good. I am not letting my mind wander into my problems......

I just closed my eyes for a minute.

I honestly can't believe this. This is perfection. My moment. My hot drink. My garden. My peace. 

The sun on my face, it's burning through the light cloud cover it actually feels like the season is shifting  clearly towards the light. 

My cup is empty. 

Actually, My cup has been filled.


Emily xx


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig