Wednesday 7 September 2022

Welcome Ginny!

 Surprise, We got a dog!



Well one of the biggest difference to our life came in the shape of a four legged animal. If you have kids you may be a ware of the constant asking for a pet. They seem obsessed. At every point our kids quizzed us on having a pet. We even had names for this imaginary animal after long talks about what we would own. If it hadn't of been for the pandemic I would have got one 3 years ago but when covid hit it really wasn't the right time and dog prices were outrageous and un-justifiable for us.


However, one day in the Easter holidays I did what I had been doing for years, I briefly looked for the dream dog on Pets-For-Homes, and had a scroll through the mountain of cuteness. I pleasantly surprised when an advert for just what I would buy came up. Ginger, Cocker Spaniel, Female, Small. 
My dream. She was there, with one sister and two brothers, and our pick was the smallest by far. We visited the sellers, about an hour away to find a mum and her pups living a yard dog life. By no means were there dogs not cared for but they were absolutely yard dogs and mum and pups just roamed around freely. having had them bounce all over us it was decided that we would take one female and that my parents would take the other. My parents have always had dogs, usually two and they lost their oldest not long before the pandemic and hadn't replaced her. These two girls were right for both of us!
We choses the smallest who looked like she needed a family to grow her and my parents took the (three times our dogs size) sister as she was bigger and could roam around with my parents black Labrador a bit more confidently.
The dogs were already 16 weeks at this stage and ours was the tiny runt. She came home to a house of love and has become a huge part of our lives ever since. 

Ginny (named after Ginny Weasley) was the smaller than some of Ettas soft toys. She was malnourished and really under fed from the yard where the dogs were given one bowl of food a day. From Ginny's behaviour we discovered that she always got the scraps. We fed her and gave her a big soft bed and within days she slept through without a peep and began to really settle in. For weeks she slept on my legs through the day like a baby and as the has grown she can always be found still by my side but usually spreading out over the sofa instead! She is a joy and a pain at the same time but she is ours.



Until our next chat...

Emily x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig