Wednesday 5 October 2022

What Life Is Like At Home



It's so easy to watch days simply pass by. Sometimes one day can feel like the longest ever lived, then before you know it a week disappears, a month, six months, a year. 
So much change has happened for our family this year which in the moment of living it, it felt like time stood still but now, sat down typing away and thinking about them, they are becoming a distant memory.
My life has never really returned to normal post covid. Like so many I was left in this limbo zone, my work drastically changed, the needs of the kids changed and if I am being honest, I have fumbled through the last two years really thankful for my freedom of movement but also knowing that I can't go on like this forever. 


I suppose for most of this year I have found great comfort in my own space. I have watched more TV than ever before, also walked more than ever before and in a vastness of feeling like I have no purpose, I still manage to find it each and every day.
I can often feel a bit useless but actually by the time dinner comes round and we are sat at the table, I realise that without my role in the family the day would never work out like it does.


And my role with the kids, well, one thing Rob and I have always agreed on is that my role in the house has to heavily feature me driving round after them. I have to be honest, this is absolutely something  have always wanted to do. Not ridiculous club drives though, no, but the school pick - ups is a time I have always valued. I have always done them, been the one to get them out the car and bundle them back in again. I have loved it (most of the time). And now as I have two drop offs, I crave the moments where the school run was much simpler!


    I find this easy sense of clarity when I am at home. I think houses can become so overbearing sometimes, with a constant list of things to do to them but because we have kept our life quite small and compact (small house living over here) I find our home helps my mind be open. 
I can find fault or want change in everything round here, I think everyone can always find something to change with regards to bricks and mortar but the reality is our space is enough for me to live in a way that keeps me totally satisfied.


That absolutely doesn't mean I don't want for things, I absolutely do get jealous of Mr and Mrs Jones next door and that's ok, but I know, for me, home satisfies, my role as a parent satisfies, and my work life will be what it's going to be and I will figure that out accordingly. 
Life at home, probably boring for most but for me I do alright with it.

Just thought I would share some snapshots of the house from my camera roll.









Emily x

 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig