Tuesday 6 September 2022

A New Term

 And just like that, life moved on.


There is no excuse for my absence on the blog. It is the first time since starting writing on this space that I have disappeared off it for so long. The reason; unknown.

In all honesty, it was life. Life continued and my writing did not. And you know what, I was really happy with that. I was happy not writing and I was happy just doing. Maybe it was needed. Maybe I just didn't have the words. All I know is that there never seemed to be a natural point to write, but today, after weeks of thinking about it, I feel it and there seems to be a want for me to sit down and do it. 

So life. Where to even begin. Instead of recapping all in this one post I will leave it all to filter out over time where I see it is necessary to share.

Currently though I felt, as I always seem to do, that this September day is the perfect time to start MY new term on here. I waved off one child into year 5 primary this morning and (brace yourself) one child into their first year of secondary. I know. I have a child at secondary school. Our beautiful Raphael has grown up and you know what, I am ok!! I am definitely fighting back the tears (they flowed at the end of last term) because I am having to deal with the loss of his childhood but really I am so happy for Raph and the adventure he is about to start. There is no doubt in my mind that this stage of life is going to be really hard, really challenging and a period of life that as an adult he might be happy to leave far behind, but for right now, this is an adventure into understanding life, understanding people and discovering himself. I don't want to hold him back from that even though every part of me wants to wrap him up in a blanket and hold him in my arms. I want to be as supportive as I can and just encourage him to find the joy, have fun and learn through the experiences he is going to have.

With Raph walking off to secondary by himself it very much left our little Etta all alone walking into primary school and I just don't think she was ready for that this morning. It was a bit of a gut punch, she headed in with her cousins but I knew she was hurting. The nervousness and worries crept in last night as it all became very real. These two are now going to have completely different days and that isn't something we have done before. All new but I know that by the end of this month we will be in the swing of it and either getting to grips with it or catastrophically failing! I have faith in us though. We are stronger than that and we will all learn together.

And as for me (You'll be pleased to hear Rob is the same as always) I am entering a whole new phase of, "so where am I going?"

Watch out, I have no idea but I feel that my right place is exactly where I am meant to be at this present time so for now, that's being the taxi driver, running a house and getting my photography bits and pieces on the side. 

Until our next chat,

Emily x 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig