Friday 10 December 2021

FASHION// Rewearing Vintage

I am not a big vintage wearer. I don't have realms of items found in flea markets or in vintage shops but I do have a few things that when I wear them I feel like I am walking in some vintage movie. It's funny how fashion always comes around; you only need to go into an antique fashion market and you can see it. Shapes and prints change but more often than not the new salutes the old and we wear reworked fashion all the time. 


We are really lucky here in Lincoln to have a big antiques centre just north of the city. Hemswell Antiques is a real treasure trove of goodies. Some bargains can be had but you will also see things at real high end price for gorgeous antiques. I love it there because no matter what, there is always something to see. I always find a little something to buy too, which is nice. 

Last summer when the world was opening back up again Hemswell was one of the first places I went. It is so big that I felt it was an easy place to wander off and find a sense of normality about. I love so many of the units they have there but one in particular houses an awesome fashion room full of so much gold. Some of it is quite expensive because it is vintage but others are real bargains for good quality items that clearly stand the test of time. I was lucky enough to find the real Leather 1980s trench for £30. As soon as I saw it I knew it was coming home.

It has taken me all this time to actually get it onto the blog, but today I got to go out and get some nice pictures in it and I felt it was a great time to share. Paired with some new pieces this coat can still hold its own: past, present and hopefully way into the future.

Wearing vintage isn't everyones cup of tea but don't disregard it. Not only is it a great way to stop fashion waste but it's nice to carry on a story and give something another life. 

Outfit details

Trench (Old) / Cardigan JOULES / Jeans ZARA / Boots GRENSON





xx


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. My daughter and I try to stick to buying used clothing for environmental reasons. Happily there are so many ways to do this now! And when you get stuck into it you realise how much stuff is in the world.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig