Wednesday 1 March 2023

Crafty Hack: A Cake Stand From A Plate & Bowl

 Yep, as the title suggests this crafty hack is a pretty simple one..... all you will need is a plate and a bowl and some super strong glue!

I was inspired after watching a video on Instagram to make this little cake stand and I have to say, as soon as I made it I thought it was brilliant! It is genuinely the best feeling when a diy hack actually works and looks good. Job satisfaction is at 100% with this little project!

I picked up a plate and bowl specifically for this project. I wanted the modern shape and our bone china heirloom crockery was not the thing to use! I picked up this matching bowl and plate from our local TESCO store, their FOX & IVY range. 


As far as skill goes, little is needed...... an eye for placing something in the centre is key to this as that is all you need to do.

With your plate face down, cover the base of your bowl in glue. I used Gorilla Glue contact adhesive for this project which takes about 24hrs to fully cure but hasn't budged since! 
Once you have put the glue around the base rim of the bowl flip it over and put it in the centre of the plate.


I used a few books to weigh down the bowl to the plate to ensure contact is fully made and then left it for the glue to dry.


Once done, that is it, a raised plate stand that can be used for anything; cakes, fruit, even for candles. This is a lovely little project with a brilliant final result!




Fancy having a go? Let me know if you do!

Emily xx







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig