Saturday 2 March 2019

Sew A Dress With Linda Hewett & JUKI Club......... Continued.

This is the second part to THIS post. I felt that I wanted the pictures to be fully visible and having written the last post very much about my experience, I wanted to show off the actual dress here.

making a dress with Sew Over It London

So, with the help of the talented LINDA HEWETT and JUKI CLUB, we took a SEW OVER IT 1940's wrap dress pattern and made myself a made to measure midi dress. At this point I want to point out that we lengthened the pattern but that is it. The SEW OVER IT gave us all the direction we needed, I just needed someone with a bit more experience to help create it!

making a dress with Sew Over It London

I am not looking to really touch on the experience, that is all in my previous post {Linked HERE} but what I will say is how much I am enjoying finding a sewing community who have the knowledge to help me develop my skills even more!

So the dress; what can I say. from picking the RIFLE PAPER CO. fabric to actually getting to cut and sew it was an experience. Choosing a fabric to make clothing out of is a really hard job, RIFLE PAPER CO. make it easy as all their fabric is awesome so picking one was only hard due to the choice!

making a dress with Sew Over It London


making a dress with Sew Over It London


making a dress with Sew Over It London


making a dress with Sew Over It London


making a dress with Sew Over It London

The style of the dress also needed careful consideration and knowing that a wrap dress suited me and that lengths can be altered, the SEW OVER IT pattern was simple and really just what I wanted

making a dress with Sew Over It London

The End Result

A made to measure dress that quite simply sits perfectly on my body. Enjoy the pictures. 

making a dress with Sew Over It London


making a dress with Sew Over It London


making a dress with Sew Over It London


making a dress with Sew Over It London


making a dress with Sew Over It London


making a dress with Sew Over It London


making a dress with Sew Over It London


making a dress with Sew Over It London

making a dress with Sew Over It London


making a dress with Sew Over It London


making a dress with Sew Over It London


making a dress with Sew Over It London


Details: This SEW OVER IT DRESS is in a wrap style with button fastening, made longer ourselves to suit my taste. Fabric by RIFE PAPER CO.

With a project like this I have come away very eager to start another one. I would really love to create a collection of summer skirts in some beautiful white fabrics so maybe a trip back to Linda's is in order!



SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Is there anyone who can recommend the best Wholesale Womens Clothing among the ones listed here? Wholesale Womens Clothing

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig