Monday 24 November 2014

Using Greenery To Decorate Your Home

Using Greenery To Decorate Your Home


I was inspired recently when the flower shop I work at started getting Christmas ribbons in. I can never believe how just adding a red ribbon to something makes it instantly look festive. It got me thinking, "how can I get a bit festive but not get the decorations out yet?" After looking at the ribbons I decided it didn't matter what I did as long as I put a bit of red ribbon on, it's festive!
So with that in mind, and the house needing some fresh flowers I decided that I wouldn't get my usual blooms but opted for some nice greenery instead. Now if you are lucky you might have most of these growing in the garden and therefore it would be free for you but otherwise, you will be able to find lovely different green foliage in your local florists.
I have used Eucalyptus, Rosemary and Bay. These are all lovely fragrant greens and I think the bay especially is quite seasonal.



I Have used my Garden Trading enamel jugs and simply filled 3 with the different stems. My Bay was really branchy which is great as it looks so lovely and bushy so instead of sitting on the table I have placed it on the floor on a nice cut slice of wood.
My Rosemary is on the main dining table with some clementines on another wood slice and the Eucalyptus is on the mantle.



To prove my festive touch works and brings a bit of the Christmas season into the home, I have simply put  bows of red gingham ribbon on the jugs and allowed them to show how just some greenery, jugs and ribbon is setting the home up for all the decorations to come out in the next few weeks.



Post by Emily

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig