Friday 5 July 2019

FOOD // From My Kitchen {Feta & Watermelon Salad}

I am going to start writing about food again on my blog. My creativity has been inspired and to make in the kitchen is something I really love to do. 


Feta & Watermelon Salad // perfect for a hot day

This week I visited the lovely STOKES CAFE at The Lawn and, as a big lover of their food, found myself having a huge plate of food envy when my friend, Jude, ordered their Feta & Watermelon salad. It look like summer in a dish; the real way fruit salads are meant to be eaten, so I made a mental note and recreated the salad at home.


Their Recipe //

STOKES in-house combination was watermelon and feta on a bed of rocket with thinly sliced red onions, black olives and a balsamic vinegar dressing.
It looked beautiful but I recreated something with a few minor changes. Minor being I had no red onion or black olives so I added in some beautiful British orange toms.


The joy of this salads is that once you get your watermelon, feta and rocket base you could mix in a few other items. Personally I think strawberries would be delicious with the balsamic and feta so that is one I will be trying! 

Best place to eat it?

Let's be realistic it's the kind of bowl you can take into the garden with you and eat while you enjoy the current sunshine.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig