Monday 19 October 2015

Daydream Believer!


It has to be said that I am a compulsive daydreamer. So often Rob says to me: "what are you thinking about?" as I look blankly in his direction but not actually at him at all. Most of the time my answer is "nothing", and sometimes it is just nothing but most of the time I just don't bother telling him that I am redesigning the house, or my wardrobe as he would probably have a melt down every time!
I spend so much of my day thinking. Luckily, I can multi task so it usually comes hand-in-hand with cleaning or sorting washing. By the time evening comes I am just so exhausted that once I lie down in bed and try to switch my brain off, it just keeps buzzing with all the possibilities, scenarios or just random thoughts that I have pondered on through the day.
I was thinking about the use of daydreaming and thought I would write about it as sometimes it gets a bad rep. As a child, I remember being told at school to 'stop daydreaming'. School and I didn't have the best relationship so I probably spent most of my time thinking about everything other than what I was meant to. The reality of it is that daydreaming was teaching me so much. It is not a negative thing to let your imagination run away from you. In fact, I think it is quite a forming thing. To be able to have the ability to create destinations, goals and imagine a more exciting life for yourself only feeds our creativity. Sitting, thinking about redesigning inspires me to be more creative, to read more, to discover more and to actually get on with a task. It is where my ideas start, pondering on the ideal home or great experience.
Daydreaming is in no way a waste of time. Yes, it may be distracting but for me it really opens my mind to all sorts of possibilities.

Do you find yourself daydreaming a lot? Does it inspire you?

Emily

* Necklace by Say What You C

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig