Friday 21 December 2018

'Tis The Season To Be Jolly



How are we all? Are we all slowly drifting into a state of coming and going in every direction? It is a busy time and something we can't truly get away from if you still have children at school. Parties, Christmas jumper days, nativities, carol services and all that in between family outings, parties and weekends of merriment. It is a busy time of year and with all my might I am trying to not get caught out wishing days to end but it can be hard. 
I am shopped out and for us it is just the food shop and wrapping to do. Really we can survive without having to do too much more and all of the lovely little family moments can arrive with no stress either side. I think once the kids break up we can all just stop until the 7th when they are back at school. I think I am going to leave the blog dormant for a few weeks {she says} but sometimes I just get too excited when something happens and like to share it on here. 
That all said, our Christmas plans are easy, no travelling needed, both our families are here and we only need to spend 20 minutes in a car to get between grandparents. This time of year brings us chance to hang out at home and just be present here. 
With the house looking seasonally festive, {I will share that post soon} I am really trying to get my head into the 'reason for the season'. That is important to me and with all this other stuff going on, I am really trying to have a peaceful advent, and plan on keeping celebration for the 12 days after Christmas. Everything ends too quick for me. We want everywhere clean and clear to enter into one of the most depressing months of the year and actually, I need my fairy lights up longer than that! Often for us, the season doesn't start until Christmas eve, when usually Rob finishes work so it's nice to think we have all the time after to keep celebrating!
All in all though, this post is just a check-in, a ''here's where I am'' kind of post and as you can see, like most, I am super busy, very tired and looking forward to stopping!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig