Monday 11 June 2018

Local Goodness {ASALI} For Father's Day Treats! {Sponsored}

Today, I want to share with you ASALI, a local Lincolnshire brand who actually mean more to me than I even realised.


With Father's day coming up at the end of this week it would appear to be no surprise that I am on here telling you about some fancy gift that I will be getting for Rob. But here I am and actually, who I am about to introduce you to has a little more substance about them than usual high street gift guides. I found out about ASALI DESIGNS last year when we first made contact on Instagram. As a Lincoln based company they reached out and introduced themselves. I am now looking at what is before me and am so glad they did as I don't know if I would've come across them otherwise.
ASALI DESIGNS are local to my hometown and produce gorgeous leather goods. It was creator Mindy who set about producing leather gift wear in association with the MOD as Lincolnshire has a huge RAF presence. It started in gift wear, like wallets and luggage tags and bags, but all luxury leather goods with an air force feel about them. ASALI now have their own in-house branded products which are not air force related, but this is where their journey began.
Here in Lincoln city we have two very active airbases just 10 minutes' drive from the centre. One is RAF Waddington; the bigger and more active of the two and the other RAF Scampton; home to the Red Arrows. Now for us, I always forget that the rest of the country doesn't have the luxury of seeing the Red Arrows practise every day. It is funny that whenever you see a fly-by on the TV for something Royal it really isn't so impressive for us local folk as we get the full displays every day!
I must say it is one of our favourite things about the city. You actually drive right past the end of the runway heading up the A15 and many times we have stopped and pulled over just to watch! They are a real blessing and if you lived here in Bomber County you would understand why someone like ASALI would build a business with such strong links to the Air Force. 

Just last night at a concert on the Lincolnshire showground {right next to Scampton} the Red arrows did a fantastic fly-by for Lionel Richie to open the show and it was brilliant. It really hit home about how amazing the Red team are {especially to leave their families on a Sunday eve} and having this post penned in my head it seemed so fitting to be able to share some products that link so heavily to our life here in Lincoln.

That all said, I want to talk to you about some of the beautiful ASALI leather work which would make perfect gifts for the important men in your life. 

The RED ARROWS CARD HOLDER personalised with Rob's initials is a perfect place to start. I don't think ASALI quite knew how much Rob hates wallets and only uses card holders. This is embossed with the signature Red Arrows flying display and comes beautifully packaged in a dust bag with the same design on. For locals, ASALI is now available at DODDINGTON HALL but these are also all available ONLINE.





With lots of other beautiful MILITARY COLLECTIONS ASALI is a great place to look for a really personal gift.

If the military isn't your thing then ASALI also have their own beautiful range of bags, purses and accessories. Having received two of their beautiful WASH BAGS I was so impressed by the feel and quality of the leather. It is incredibly soft and the most beautiful colour and grain. These wash bags are perfect for us and go so well with our overnight bags. But to be honest these could be used for anything. The leather will age beautifully and they are the kind of bags you don't just want to leave to using when you occasionally go away. Rob mentioned that he might use his for work and keep small tools in it. I don't blame him! I would want to use something like this every day if I could!





With a NAVY WASH BAG for Rob and a beautiful rich GREEN one for me, we felt very lucky to have something with such lovely links to Lincolnshire as part of our lives.





ASALI not only have wonderful products on the market but through the sales of each of their products they also give money to some selected charities who work within a military outlet. 
For Father's day I have found that these products are actually a beautiful way to show you appreciation to a loved one. With code DAD18 you can get a free card {£30 minimum spend} and as I said, if you are local you can go to DODDINGTON HALL to see the range or they will be on THE MEWS at the LINCOLNSHIRE SHOW {20th/21st JUNE} offering PERSONALISATION on their products!

* This is sponsored content. All opinions my own.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig