Thursday 6 October 2022

The Ever Growing Pile Of Striped Tops

 It's inevitable, I see a striped top, I want a striped top. The classic Breton literally never gets old and as mine get a lot of wear they can often become discoloured or stained quickly. It is a style that is always on my radar as I find so much of my wardrobe goes with a simple striped top. Whether it's being paired with jeans and boots or worn in a smarter way with a skirt and jacket, a striped top seems to always stand to attention and make outfits look instantly classic.

A casual stripe



I can remember purchasing my first Harbour tee from JOULES. A classic navy blue and white stripe. It was my favourite and it went with everything. That pretty much started the obsession and I have owned a stripe top in every colour ever since. Over the years I have bought many Joules striped tops and have been endlessly pleased with them. This most recent one is another perfect edition, and a bit different to the others. What you can't see under my jacket is that this stripe top is a miss match of stripe patters. Have a look HERE. It really is a firm favourite already.




Wearing Stripes Smartly


I love it when JOULES run a batch of different stripped tops as apposed to their usual Harbour tees. This is because you can find some really individual pieces. The CHLOE ribbed top in grey and cream is a perfect example of this. It is a ribbed fabric, with a closer fit than the boxy harbour and has a beautiful frill detail cuff. I love how it skims the body a bit more and that lends itself to suiting smarter looks. Worn here with a very old but classic pleated skirt, leather overshirt and my GRENSON boots, this striped top sits perfectly and is a great way to show pattern in a minimalistic way.




How many striped tops is too many striped tops? Asking for a friend!

* The tops are a PR gifted to share. The thought are my own.

Emily x 




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig