Tuesday 22 August 2017

Let's Gather {Table wear featuring DenbyxMonsoon}


Sitting down as a family is the height of importance in our home. The dinner table is for just that and actually the kids and Rob really suffer when we haven't sat down together for a meal over a period of time. You can just sense it and actually getting round the table is a lot easier than you think. The summer holidays always throw out the plan a bit but when we have our usual routine, at least 5 days a week we eat dinner round the table together and that is of great importance to us. However, you always get the change of plan, the running late dinner and no two weeks are the same so we very much live by the way the family works. What's important though is that we do get together and gather for a meal round our dinner table as a family. 
Rob is head chef in our house. It is a long time since we wrote about food, but for us his chicken Korma is a fave for the family. We have a few sides also like a spinach and coriander salad, tomato, onion and cucumber relish, mango chutney and a yogurt, mint and cucumber raita. All easy to make and help fill the dinner plates. Poppadoms and naans are essential too and my favourite for scooping up all the sauces with!
I think what was most important about this dinner though was beautiful crockery that we had the chance to show off. And I am being quite serious. I have been collecting the new DENBY RANGE - GATHER which has seen them team up with MONSOON to create a range, full of soft coloured crockery ready for the family table. This is a perfect range for me. It's funny though because for the past year I have been collecting pure white bone china crockery but as soon as I saw this I knew it would actually sit perfectly against all my other things and actually complement the style of our house so perfectly. I mean we have a pink sideboard, yes, its pink, and these subtle shades of blue, pink and grey just hit the spot with me. An absolutely perfect complement to my simple style. 







I think what I love most though is the name of the collection; 'Gather'. Everything that is important about eating is summed up in this title. It is another reminder of the importance of eating with others, friends, family, whoever; food is meant for enjoying and sharing and gathering together is a great opportunity to do this.













A family curry is the way to my heart and I know Rob loves something much fuller in spice and flavour but he always cooks this one for me and the kids and makes sure that we enjoy it the most.
Thanks Rob!

Check out our YOUTUBE CHANNEL also for a video showing off this set!

*Post in collaboration with DENBY Who gifted us this set.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig