Tuesday 4 April 2017

{My blue spring home} Re-Share From 2016


The way seasons change the mood board that is your home is quite amazing. Spring is one of those months where a clear injection of more pastel colours enters into my life and my home sees its benefits also. 
With Easter fast approaching I have been decorating with clay eggs we made last year and bringing soft coloured roses into the house. I have actually been taking colour inspiration from Cadbury's mini eggs because they are just the perfect colour representation of spring time!!


Easter is such a beautiful time of year for us and with it celebrated in these lovely spring months it always seems to have the perfect colour palette. Whether it is the beauty that nature brings on the outside or the joyous ways we decorate inside, Easter brings such beauty out of the dark winter. 

I love the pale blues that have found their way into our home. whether it is through our gorgeous blanket or via our stunning new VQ Hepburn radio, blue is the colour of the season for me. It is just so airy and really lifts me. It's funny that a colour can do that to you!


I was looking recently at Pantone's colour of the year and I couldn't get over how much I loved that they had picked rose quartz and serenity. The most beautiful shade of pink and blue. Reading into it I found that 
"Rose Quartz is a persuasive yet gentle tone that conveys compassion and a sense of composure. Serenity is weightless and airy, like the expanse of the blue sky above us, bringing feelings of respite and relaxation even in turbulent times." (Taken from Pantone.com)
It got me thinking that I wanted our spring time home to include these lovely shades mixing together as it brings such a nice blend of shades but also such physical presence in your overall mood.

With that in mind and with all things Eastertide I have injected some beautiful colour to our home.


I can't help but love the Blue eggs and Hepburn radio together. Along with these origami fairy lights and tea time treats we are awash with pastel gorgeousness.

(Tea cups by Cath Kidston)


(Lights from Primark £6)

(Blanket from Laura Ashley)


One of the more beautiful new fixtures that will be in our home a lot longer than the flowers and Easter chocolate is this beautiful new Hepburn VQ radio. As with anything with the name Hepburn, you automatically think to classic beauty over the decades, never ending style and a bucket full romance. This radio offers all much like the name of the infamous woman it could easily be named after. Adding the most beautiful touch of class to our living space I think this radio is one of the most beautiful larger pieces of tech I have owned. It is so sleek you just want to run your fingers along it! And its sound, well, it has me dancing most days!!





This beautiful piece is an absolute joy to have in our home at the moment and with it being more permanent I am just moving it around the house as I see fit!

Along with all the little added extras I think I am happy with letting spring enter into our home that bit more! 
For Easter time the only extra editions are going to be armfuls of more chocolate! Rob and I have given it up for Lent so photographing with all these mini eggs tested my will power! They are going to taste so good on Easter Sunday!!

How are you bringing colour into your home for Spring?

Emily

COMPETITION TIME!!!

If you would like a VQ Hepburn radio like me, go follow MyVQ on TwitterFacebook and Instagram and watch out for a post to comment on and share all about this article!

xxxxx


*Written in collaboration with MyVQ but all ideas and thoughts are my own.




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig